Everyone feels differently after Colon Hydrotherapy, generally you should feel fine, however, it is normal to feel quite tired (yet very relaxed).
Some people experience a ‘detox headache’; this is usually from the immediate withdrawal of toxins from the system; withdrawal from sugar & predominantly caffeine withdrawal.
Due to the high volume of water infused in through the bowel during the treatment it is normal to urinate quite a lot afterwards. This will subside quickly but make sure to keep your fluids up.
You may experience some flatulence and bowel sounds, this is due to the bowel flora/ ‘friendly bacteria’ repopulating. Fruit and vegetables will boost this. Probiotics may be recommended by your therapist.
If griping is experienced drink Peppermint, Fennel or Chamomile tea. Avoid cold, carbonated drinks.
It is normal not to have a bowel movement the next day. Depending on your problems it may take several days before normal bowel movements resume. If worried feel free to contact your therapist for reassurance.
Avoid heavy exercise for 24 hours after treatment.
If you experience any continued discomfort telephone our therapist
Aftercare Advice will be give at the end of your treatment but here are a few simple steps to follow:
- Try to follow any dietary advice, supplements etc. recommended by your therapist.
- Eat light regular meals, chewing well.
- Drink plenty of room temperature water or herbal teas e.g. peppermint, fennel, ginger.. avoid drinking during meals.
- Focus on leafy green vegetables, these will add to the cleansing effect and regulate bowel function.
- Avoid red meats for a couple of days, fish and white meat will be much gentler on your digestion.
- Eat wholegrains such as brown rice, quinoa, millet, amarynth, buckwheat, oats…
- Try to avoid ‘white refined foods’ e.g. white bread, rice, pasta…
- Avoid alcohol for a few days as it is counterproductive to Colon Hydrotherapy!